Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Frustration

Welcome back to the blog for Shaman's Destiny. I haven't been away for too long have i? Hopefully, your week went by really well? If it did, I'm glad to hear that. If it didn't, make this week count. This is the 3rd blog for my comic. If you are a returning reader, thanks for the support. Don't forget to share this with your friends and family. The more people I can get to read this, the more I will update.

I am still working to get issue #1 up on this blog spot. I hope to have the cover and first few pages available to view within the next 2 weeks. These last few weeks have been hectic and haven't been able to sit down and upload the images. What I will be posting is the same images that appear in the print copy of my book. No changes, no extras. Just the same great story and semi-ok artwork.

Speaking of print, i recently put in an order in for more copies of issue #1. Once I get them into stores, i will post where you can get them. This whole process can be very draining and demanding. Between my regular 9-5, finding time for my family and this, I need more hours to the day....or at least have super speed like the Flash. Then maybe, I can start getting more done.

Last night, I finished a image for a friend and I'm also working on creating a Dr. Who image for a co-worker. I've never been a big Dr. Who fan. I've seen a few episodes, but it never grabbed me like other series. I don't know if that's why I had such a hard time drawing it. The layout would work and I couldn't get the image of David Tennant correct. It frustrated me like crazy.

Ever have one of those weeks where nothing you do seems to come out the way you want? I've had that feeling for the past few weeks and can't seem to break out of it. I haven't sat down to draw a page from issue #2 of Shaman's Destiny in over a week. I'm hoping I can hope back in to it. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely been drawing, but I think I am intimidated by my own book. I want to produce something that everyone loves and my fears I think, are causing me to not attempt to work on it. I will have to get over that soon.

Well, enough rambling. It's time to get back to work. More to post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment